OTTO DesignWorks is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer. This is a contract position. Interested candidates should send resume to email@example.com.
This Position Reports To:
The Director of Manufacturing and Operations
Leads and supports development and refinement of key OTTO manufacturing processes - including band materials, critical components, final assembly and QA.
- • Primary focal to address and improve manufacturing process steps.
- • Must ensure all equipment used to manufacture products is in optimal working condition.
- • Responsible to maintain equipment parameters and track performance of key operations.
- • Work with equipment manufacturers to ensure all maintenance parameters are followed in accordance with machine design requirements.
- • Create data logs and SPC charts on key process parameters.
- • Work with Design Engineering to transfer new products seamlessly to the manufacturing floor.
- • Responsible to make and maintain tooling, fixtures, and assembly aids as deemed appropriate.
- • Manage spares material use in maintaining equipment availability.
- • Assist in the generation of work instructions and time standards.
- • Responsible for quality levels and recording/process at key inspection points throughout the manufacturing process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- • Passionate, proactive, self-starting entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to be jack-of-all-trades to service accounts and market at a high level in order to build the OTTO Brand.
- • Must have a strong understanding of mechanical principles, including metal forming, plastic forming, and thermal transfer.
- • Should understand casting principles, injection molding techniques, small part extrusion, and fastening techniques.
- • Demonstrated ability to work with others to train and teach in the correct techniques needed to build a high quality product.
- • Demonstrated strong work ethic, organization skills and attention to detail.
- • Must be able to work in fast paced and often changing work environment.
- • Should have a working knowledge of Solid Works CAD software or equivalent.
- • Must be able to read and interpret design drawings, and convert to work instructions.
- • Must be able to assess root causes in operation processes and through collaboration, introduce corrective actions.
- • Should have cursory knowledge of time & motion studies.
- • Must have intermediate understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and line balancing.
- • Ability to effectively work in a small team environment with occasional overlapping areas of responsibility.
- • Strong, clear written and oral communications skills. Proficient in MS Office suite.
- • Ability to make decisions with limited information to best resolve business scenarios.
- • Ability to grow personally with business growth.
Education & Experience
- • 3-5 years’ experience as Manufacturing, Process or Mechanical Engineer.
- • BS in Engineering or equivalent from an accredited University.
Job Conditions / Notes
Position is a contractor with objective to hire as business scales. Working conditions include flexible and occasional extended hours in specific periods to service customers and production. Position is hands-on requiring occasional lifting and very good manual dexterity.