Are you interested in working at OTTO DesignWorks?
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales to join our team. Interested parties for this and any other position should please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Director of Sales
Lead aggressive sales growth plan and new account development for the OTTOLOCK line and future products. Ensure profitable growth and long term customer relationships. Position scope of channel responsibilities may be adjusted commensurate with candidate experience (i.e. International or OEM). Minimum requirements will be management and development of North American IBD and Strategic account channels.
- • Grow profitable incremental sales & distribution for Brand and products in North American channels and markets.
- - Lead and grow IBD online and channel account sales for OTTOLOCK per strategy in bike segment. Grow existing direct accounts and build distributor relationships (QBP, JBI, KHS).
- - Lead and grow strategic account sales with existing accounts (REI, MEC, Dick’s, more) and prospect/establish new accounts in outdoor and other verticals such as construction, watersports, and more.
- - Analyze/maximize ASP and margins for company and business partners.
- - Manage and police MAP and 3PL internet policy violators.
- • Forecast demand and mix in a rapid growth environment with seasonal impact to properly inform manufacturing plans.
- • Research, support and drive marketing or product needs to increase sales/demand.
- • Act as key management team member and adviser on whole of business.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- • Passionate, proactive, self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit and willing to be jack-of-all-trades to service accounts and market at a high level in order to build the OTTOLOCK Brand.
- • Clear and demonstrable understanding of sales channels, key account selling and sales policies and strategies, such as pricing levels, terms, MAP, online selling, and promotions.
- • Demonstrated sales acumen and leadership:
- - Ability to build business and relationships.
- - Ability to prospect new accounts and close deals.
- - Ability to resolve sales issues or obstacles successfully.
- - Ability to perform analysis and communicate – trends, forecasts, inventory, ASP, margins.
- - Ability to follow-up, listen, and execute on details.
- - Ability to understand P&L statements and cash flow and associated sales needs/actions.
- - Strong written and oral communication skills.
- • Strong technical acumen such that person can demonstrate technology and product features & benefits to a wide range of customer/account/user levels.
- • Demonstrated ability to meet schedules/targets and reliably manage multiple activities in parallel.
- • Ability to work in a small group environment with limited resources.
- • Ability to lead & grow personally with business growth.
Education & Experience:
- • 8-10+ years’ progressive sales and business development experience within outdoor market. Demonstrable relationships and references with key retailers and accounts.
- • Understanding and/or passion for outdoor marketplace and products is required. Ability to see or vision new markets or extensions. Strong cycling market understanding is a plus.
- • Demonstrated experience in pricing/sales forecasting and analysis.
- • BS/BA degree required.
- • Experience in supervision or management of sales reps with proven track record of results and/or development of people (required for the future development of a sales team) is desired.
- • Experience in business start-up or product line launch is desired.
- • Experience in international markets & sales is a strong plus.
Working conditions include flexible and occasional extended hours in specific periods to service customers, travel and coordinate meetings or events, and will be primarily in the field with travel. Position will offer a motivating sales compensation structure to be determined with candidate and experience level.