Published on December 6, 2017
OTTOLOCK Implements Design and Durability Upgrades to the Popular Gear Lock
Portland, OR - OTTO Designworks LLC - ottolock.com - is excited to announce some strong upgrades to the popular OTTOLOCK that makes the innovative multi-purpose gear lock even better. Introducing OTTOLOCK Version 2 (V2):
The original OTTOLOCK’s patent-pending, multi-layer steel band design makes it more durable than a cable lock while its sleek design and space-saving size quickly made it a favorite for short stops. Always striving for perfection, OTTOLOCK turned to customers and professional athletes for input on their ground-breaking design to make OTTOLOCK V2 even better.
Based on user feedback OTTO re-engineered the band tip to better stand up to the wear and tear of active use by utilizing a new durable, streamlined insert. Additionally, a new Cerakote® ceramic paint offers a tough matte finish that is chip and scratch resistant while providing an extremely durable coating making this the best OTTOLOCK to date.
The locking mechanism itself has also been updated, providing a smoother experience and increasing the short term security that OTTOLOCK has become known for. Produced entirely in the USA, OTTO can take real time feedback from users and improve the product quickly and efficiently. OTTOLOCK V2 is a direct reflection of user feedback.
- New Cerakote® anti-chip paint
- New, durable Band Tip attached with Loctite® adhesive
- Improved Locking Mechanism
- Available in Stealth Black, Flash Green, and OTTO Orange
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- 18mm wide band multiple high temper steel and Kevlar® Layers
- 3 resettable combination wheels / aluminum head
- Available in 3 size lengths (18”, 30”, 60”)
- MSRP: $55 (18" Lock), $65 (30" Lock), $75 (60" Lock)
About OTTO DesignWorks LLC:
Founded by bicycle lovers and innovators, the OTTO DesignWorks team has a simple mission to create and deliver purposeful products for cycling and outdoor markets. The company's passion is designing clever solutions to unmet needs and delivering great experiences